The MCL-Chinese Studies Program at the University of Kentucky is dedicated to preparing students for the twenty-first century with a solid foundation in Chinese language and culture. We offer four years of language instruction, at the beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels; culture, literature, and film courses on modern and traditional culture; courses in linguistics and literary Chinese to deepen your understanding of the language; faculty-lead "Conversational Chinese in Shanghai" summer program and study abroad opportunities throughout the Chinese-speaking world; and opportunities for interdisciplinary studies within the major and minor.
I Want to...
- Find out Spring 2023 course offerings.
- Find more information about the Chinese Placement Test.
- Find up-to-date information about the program, curriculum, and major and minor requirements.
- Find information about scholarships and funding for study abroad.
- Find information about graduate programs in Chinese Studies and Asian/East Asian Studies.
- Find inormation about UK Chinese Club.
- Find upcoming events related to China and Chinese Studies at UK and other Kentucky universities.
- Find contact information for a professor or TA.
- For information on how to find a conversation partner for Chinese, please contact Anne Marie Stamatiadis at the Center for English as a Second Language. There are many students from China waiting to meet you!
For all other inquiries, please use the search function or check the menu on the left.
Officers of the Department of Modern & Classical Languages, Literatures and Cultures are:
- MCLLC Chair - Jeffrey Peters (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- MCLLC Associate Chair - Harald Höbusch (email@example.com)
- MCLLC Director of Undergraduate Studies - Julie Human (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- MCLLC Director of Graduate Studies - Milena Minkova (email@example.com)
1055 Patterson Office Tower
University of Kentucky
Lexington KY 40506-0027